Wilsons Auctions is a family owned business, formed in 1936 by William J Wilson and is now directed by his son Ian Wilson.The company has grown from a single auction site in Northern Ireland to become the largest independent auction company in the UK and Ireland with an annual hammer total in excess of £300 million.
Wilsons Auctions has eighteen sites, including branches in Belfast, Dalry, Maidstone, Newcastle‐Upon‐Tyne, Newport, Portadown, Queensferry and Telford. It is the only auction company in the British Isles to offer a national coverage allowing it to draw on experience, resources and ideas from all of its branches.
The management team is fully trained in their particular areas of expertise and pride themselves in offering a service second to none.
Wilsons Auctions holds over 2000 auctions annually, auctioning everything from cars and vans, plant and machinery and property to general goods, as well as the more luxurious items to include; planes, yachts, gold bars, supercars, designer goods, prestigious watches and cryptocurrency.
Wilsons Auctions manages the whole asset realisation process for its clients which includes; collection, valuation, storage, re‐marketing and auctioning of assets.
Find out where your nearest auction house is located
General & Fleet AuctionsWilsons Auctions holds car auctions daily across all of its branches and everyone is welcome to buy and sell a car at any time. It has a fantastic selection of all types of makes and models of cars, across all of its branches, to suit all buyers and their budgets.
But where does Wilsons Auctions get its cars from?
- Major fleet users
- Financial institutions
- Franchised motor dealer networks
- Government agencies
- Private entries
Find out more about Wilsons upcoming auctions
WilPayWilPay enables dealers to source and fund stock across all of their physical and online auctions, helping you to sell more cars and vans more often.
- Independent and Franchise dealer plans are available, so we’ve got the perfect plan for you. A single-funded value ceiling of £50,000 for our independent dealer plan and £65,000 for our franchised dealer plan means you can get the stock you want on your forecourt
- Up to 120 days financing, easing the burden on your cashflow.
- Simple payment – One single monthly Direct Debit for fees and interest charges. Simple payments with maximum transparency.
- 100% Funding – 100% of hammer price on cars and LCVs plus auction and delivery fees (including auction and refurbishment fees).
- V12 Vehicle Finance portal – Stock funding platform (CALMS) that provides flexible stocking options
How do I get started?
- Register your interest for WilPay through our form
- If you do not have a Wilsons Auctions buyer account register here
- A dedicated V12 Vehicle Finance Account Manager will be in contact to discuss your requirements
- All WilPay stock funding facilities are subject to approval and will be confirmed by the V12 Vehicle Finance, Dealer Support Team.
- Once your account is live, purchase your vehicles either online or physically at a Wilsons Auction event.
- Simply ask the Wilsons Auctions cash team to add your vehicles onto your WilPay funding account subject to your credit availability.
Register your interest for a WilPay account
We have created a helpful tool so that you can find your local auction within a 25 radius of your postcode. Wilsons Auctions has locations in Belfast, Dalry, Maidstone, Newcastle, Newport, Portadown, Queensferry, Telford and Online.